Wed, 14 Sept|
Arctic Bubbles Pint of Science
Pint of Science Norway and CAGE (Centre for Arctic Gas Hydrate, Environment and Climate) invite you to an evening full of amazing science from a bubbly world!
Time & Location
14 Sept 2022, 18:30 CEST
Tromsø, Storgata 5, 9008 Tromsø, Norway
About the Event
Join our scientists for an exciting evening full of Arctic Bubbles, where you can learn more about methane in a changing arctic and how it impacts our climate! Come to Storgata Camping, learn something new and have a drink at the same time. The perfect combo!
Doors open at 18:30 and get ready to start at 19:00. Free entrance, first come first served.
- “Are glaciers methane factories?” by Guillaume Lamarche-Gagnon
- "Methane bubbles in the ocean – What's all this fizz about?" by Marie Stetzler
- "Cold seeps in the Arctic and its microbiology" by Vincent Carrier
- "The Secret Life of Globigerina bulloides" by Freya Sykes
- After the presentations, join us for the science stalls set up by CAGE and AKMA project scientists and outreach educators with hands-on activities for everyone!
This event is part of the CAGE (Centre for Arctic Gas Hydrate, Environment and Climate) International Conference on ‘Methane in a Changing Arctic’ https://site.uit.no/methane-in-a-changing-arctic/arcticbubblespintofscience/?fbclid=IwAR1Rcn8mM4HC3ZEXcUsuIF8YXgQ8NTLhnh3LZPZhl6gFIDe1O5HTkMpf2gs